Friday, July 25, 2008

Flight Medic Re-up. . . well not right now

I wanted to get my wings, no not pilots wings, but the army Crewman's badge. Ok I know that's a mouthful, the gist is that Medivac is really the hot button. Those medics have to have their shit wired right. More so then even line medics. Well I had some experience with them, and they are (for the most part) a pretty squared away group of medics. I figure that If I'm oing to re-up again it's going to be something High Speed, and I made the choice that I'd either do this, or go to the 75th.


Slight catch. I haven't taken a PT test in over 2 years. Oh and all my certifications have expired. Woops. When it comes to the PT test, I took the one that was *supposed* to get me into West Point, passed with flying colors, and when that fell through I went as FTA (Fuck The Army!) as you can get. I Quit doing PT, and when it came time for me to take a PT test 6 months later I ducked and doged using all my sham sheild powers.

Somewhere along the way (don't even ask me where) I got it in my head that it would be a great idea to re-up for needs of the army. I wasn't really thinking of the horrible thought "what could be worse than Hood?" I kinda was side tracked by that $10K bonus. Well all that is sort of ancient history right now, but the point is that at the time I probably should have re-upped for a shcool. Hell I had a slot for Ranger Training Brigade, before i screwed the pooch on that one.

The simple solution is go to a unit, get in shape, and go from there. That's not as easy as it sounds. Last time I got off flag status I had to do the liquid diet (which believe me was no picnic). I would do it again if I was assured that I'd get what I wanted. The problem is that I'm not sure I would. Retention, is a lot like Recruiting. Every once in a while, there is an honest one, but more often than not, sadly, the folks that do it are more interested in their quota. Bad Juju for me.

1 comment:

M said...

long time no post! Hows the PT treating you?