Friday, December 16, 2011

writting about the war

I have recently come to the conclusion that I should write a slightly altered account of the war, or rather take a story and fill it with real things that actually happened to me. Maybe throw in a few things that didn't but you know its not as easy as one might think. Writing about simple things is actually pretty hard. How much should be filler, should I just write and go, or should it be structured?

Names also give me fits. Some names just seem fake, so I try my best to come up with them, but lets tell the truth, everything I write looks like shit to mine own eyes, even if people around me say "oh my God that was good" I half think that most of those people are pulling my leg. But then there's always that small vanity in the back of your mind. You want to believe you're good.

I shared what I wrote about Craig's death with someone and it got posted on a blog I frequent. It got posted and the responses were quite humbling. I think now that the war is over people need to know what has happened. So for my brothers, I will try to write to the best of my ability.

No comments: